Jun 16, 2020
Performance Liability Insurance at a fraction of the cost!
Performance Liability Insurance (PLI) is increasingly becoming a standard operating need for performers throughout Central Florida. The coverage can be required to perform on government property as well as the overwhelming majority of private companies like Disney World and Universal Studios. The cost of such coverage can run as high as $1,000 per year. However, as a member of the Central Florida Musicians Association, you can obtain PLI for your performances for only $150 per year! The new coverage year begins July 5. If you are interested in purchasing PLI, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fine Print:
- Access to this reduced-cost liability insurance is one of the CFMA Membership benefits. If you resign, are expelled or are no longer an active member, the policy will be deactivated.
- The policy is an additional fee (i.e., the cost is separate from and in addition to your membership dues).
- Coverage can be obtained under CFMA’s policy which will provide General Liability coverage for the policy term which begins each July 5 and runs through the next July 4.
- Coverage is provided to INDIVIDUAL Members ONLY. (A policy to cover a whole band may be purchased, but must be purchased separately and the cost will be determined by the insurer.)
- Because coverage is extended to the declared Members under CFMA’s policy, please be aware of your responsibilities when performing. All claims reported under CFMA’s policy could affect CFMA’s coverage and/or premiums.
- “Performance” means Musical performance/presentation by an individual. Any other type of operations are excluded from the policy.
- Members are NOT covered for their independent operations under CFMA’s policy. All registered companies need to carry their own coverage.
- A certificate of insurance evidencing coverage for the “Declared” Member will be provided once a year. In order for the Member to obtain “other” certificates, we must have details of the operations (e.g., contract, venue details, etc.) prior to issuance of the certificate.
- Coverage provided protects CFMA as primary named insured and the (declared) Members as a Secondary named insured.
- This policy protects the “insured’s” for claims arising out of “Their” NEGLIGENCE.
- Waivers of Subrogation can be obtained. There may be an additional fee per event.
- Hazardous operations, pyrotechnics and stunts are NOT covered under this policy.
- If the Member is part of a group (not a registered Corp, LLC, Inc, etc.) we can review the exposure to see if coverage can be provided under CFMA’s policy. A separate premium may apply.
- Out-of-state work can be covered – however the work must be declared to the office prior to the work being performed.